Tuesday, December 30, 2008

During which I pick up where Dima left off

On Saturday, I woke up with an upset stomach. My first thought was food poisoning, as I didn't have any other symptoms but nausea. Since I didn't have a fever, I was able to mingle with Mark's extended family at the great O-family open house. It was awesome! We were able to see a lot of family that we hadn't seen in years. There were a lot of kids and the boys did great playing with their first- and (I think) second-cousins. I spent the day sitting and talking, as any form of movement amplified the nausea. I almost made it the whole day without tossing any cookies...almost. ;)

Sunday we met up with a good friend of ours from Michigan who is now living in Colorado Springs. She has three kids now so the boys played with some more new friends while we all caught up. The nausea was still in full force but really as long as I didn't move I was okay. I spent a lot of Sunday sitting. :) After lunch with M and her crew, we went back to Mark's parents' house and then the boys all went over to Mark's brother's house while I stayed home. I just didn't see the point in subjecting anyone else to my inability to move--plus they were getting together to eat chili. LOL I was bummed to miss out on a last few hours with family, but it really was for the best.

Monday we headed home. Mark drove almost the entire way (again!) although I did manage about an hour driving, I think. I stayed in the car for all of our meal breaks save dinner, which I braved very briefly. We made it home much later than we had hoped (not my fault, really!) but we did make it home and we all collapsed into bed.

I'm now able to report that all of the nausea is gone and I'm feeling 100% again. I wish it hadn't had to have happened during family time with people we don't get to see all that often, but unfortunately it was just one of those things. I'm just glad it doesn't appear to be anything contagious!

No comments: