Monday, May 21, 2007

Mark O, DPT!!!

It's official! On Friday, Mark graduated with his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. We are now the Drs. O. :) I can imagine there are many people who never expected this from either of us, much less both!

This weekend was wonderful with lots of family in town. Graduation was on Friday, and the PT ceremony was really nice with excellent speakers. We had a small graduation party on Saturday morning and then our families were able to watch Mark play base ball in the afternoon.

In regards to jobs, Mark has had a few offers, but so far none of them have been quite right for a variety of reasons. He has another one that he is considering, so I will keep you posted. And yes, all of them are in the St Louis area. ;) We can't really leave until the adoption is complete, or we'll need to redo everything again.

In other exciting news, we have friends leaving this Friday to pick up their new son from China!! We are so excited for them and looking forward to meeting J.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations!

I was hoping that one of the job offers would be in MI. Totally understand though.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. If you'd told me 10 years ago that you'd both have doctorates, I would not have been surprised. But I wouldn't have guessed Physical Therapy! :)

jimmy said...

Congratulations Mark!

I knew you were smart enough - I just worried about you always banging your head into things. I guess that's where the physical therapy comes into play!


-your former Milton Daniel roommate


Come to KC sometime