Thursday, May 29, 2008

Have passport, will travel

The boys' passports arrived! Amazingly enough, they even arrived with the correct names. You cannot imagine how happy that made me. :) Zhenya's passport actually arrived last Friday while I was home with Dima. Dima wanted to know when his "picture" would be arriving. His didn't make it until Tuesday of this week, so on Wednesday I sat both of the boys down and handed them their passports to look through. Then I put them away for safekeeping. LOL

One more day this week and then (as the boys put it)...base ball! :) They love to go to Mark's base ball games and we've got another one this weekend so they are very excited.

We went this afternoon and picked up dog food. We only recently found out that Petsmart carries prescription dog food, which is great since our vet stopped carrying ours. So the boys and I ran an errand to Petsmart. Let me commend the manager working...They didn't have the largest size bag of dog food that we needed, even though it was supposed to be delivered that day, so he gave us the smaller bag and adjusted the price/ounce to match the bigger bag. Then he carried that bag (20 lbs) plus the other bag I needed (40 lbs!) to the register, rang us up, AND carried the bags to the car. There are apparently benefits to having your cart full of small children. ;) :) Seriously, though, he was so helpful and I really appreciated it. I used that opportunity to talk to the boys about how nice it was for that man to help us, that he really cared about his customers, and that that was a good way to run a business. I figure it's never too early to start teaching life skills and helping them find appropriate role models. I certainly don't want them modeling themselves after most of our so-called celebrities!

No comments: