Thursday, October 09, 2008

In the tide

I ebb and flow between nervousness and peace. This week there is a family visiting the referral we are interested in. More than anything, I want this referral to find a family, and I have been praying that this referral would be placed in a Christian home. I don't yet know if that would be ours or not. ;) And I will be so happy when I can stop saying "this referral" and give you real information. Even if this referral is accepted by another family, I will post the details and explain everything on here at that point.

In the meantime...I can't believe I'm even posting this...we're making an offer on a house today. I told you we had a lot of things going forward right now. ;) The house is just a couple of miles from where we are now, but only a couple of blocks from the boys' school. We aren't planning on selling our current house right away--we still have some things to finish up and we won't be in any kind of financial bind by keeping both of them. And I am so grateful that Mark's parents and my parents both taught us to handle money wisely. With all of the excitement in the economy right now, it's nice to be on somewhat firm footing (I do recognize that if the world economy were to collapse that our firm footing would be gone too). It's also nice to recognize that whatever we have, and whatever we will have, has been entrusted to us by God to care for for a little while. Knowing it's not really ours, and it's not permanent, gives me a lot more peace.

I'll share more details about the house once we know where that is headed too. I've got to use something to keep you guys coming back, right? :)

UPDATE: We submitted our offer for the house. Now we wait. :) I think that's the story of our lives. LOL Seriously, though, it will be interesting to see what happens as we offered about 60% of the original asking price. If it's God's will, He'll make it happen!

7 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Still praying for this "referral" and for God's will in the situation.

That's exciting about the house - keep us posted!!

Jennifer

Julie said...

That is exciting about the new house! And the referral :)

tiffers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tiffers said...

You're not supposed to buy another house in St. Louis! You're supposed to come to Colorado with us!

I'm really excited for you guys. It is killing me that you are not across the street anymore and that we have to read all of these stories instead of hearing them from you. Let us know when you'll be coming out this way.

tiffers said...

By the way, that was me who deleted the comment. I had a problem with the mouse and accidentally hit the delete button.

Tami said...

How exciting! A house and a new child! :) We'll be praying for both.
BTW - I don't know yet. No one has called. I'm hoping to hear something soon. And I saw the woman at AWANA again the other night, but didn't get a chance to ask her name.

Anonymous said...

I came across this blog with on the referral of a friend, saying that you two were also going through an adoption. I must say that I was very offended with this post. You claim that you are christian people, and yet, what would be the problem if this referral of yours goes to a home that is Jewish, Catholic, Hindu, agnostic or athiest? As long as they have a family to love and support them, it shouldn't matter what the parents believe in.