Friday, August 13, 2010

Looking for the good

It was a good thing I left the windows down in the car yesterday when the torrential rains hit St Louis.

On account of which I had standing water inside the car when it was time to leave.

On account of which I drove home with the windows down to help dry the car out.

On account of which I was not listening to the radio or on the phone at the time of the accident and was able to avoid hitting a fire hydrant (scraped it, but didn't run directly into it) and did not hit my head on the car window.

On account of which I only have a mild headache and some neck pain today, instead of lots of bruising and a concussion.

Thank you, God, for the rain that soaked my car yesterday!

3 comments:

Thuy said...

Ok. Your week puts our travel day from hell in great perspective. I wish you a wonderful week ahead, my friend. I always feel a little weird when people tell me I "deserve" this or that (because I'm not sure if that's true), but seriously, you deserve a fantastic week!

Siyang E Phoyadx said...

Ooh. Happy Friday 13th? I'm glad you are not so bad off - saved from worse.

Tami said...

So glad it wasn't worse! Stay safe my friend!