Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A long drive

Yesterday the boys and I went to the Science Center. They really wanted to go to the zoo, but since it was freezing outside and we hadn't been to the SLSC in awhile they decided that would work instead. I am so thankful. It was really cold. ;)

Today we drove to Denver. Yes, we drove the whole way in one day. No, we don't have a DVD player in the car, and (to add insult to injury) I didn't pack any toys in the car for the boys to play with. Yet they are happy just playing and talking with each other and with us. It's a lot of fun. Not that any of us want to do it every day, but it's good family time. :)

6 comments:

Tami said...

Awww man! I wish I would have known you were going to be in Denver. I would have tried to find a way to meet up with you. (Not that you probably had any time! :) Hope you had a great time.

Jane said...

We nearly went to SLSC today, but it closes at 4.30 & I am sure it will be packed!!! Hope your holidays were happy & successful. Will you be needing girls clothes? Maggs has loads of them that we can pass on.....

Debora Hoffmann said...

Hey, you were in Denver? We live about an hour south! (Oh, that's right--your friends live in town, too!)

Happy New Year!

Courtney said...

It was a busy week--I'm hoping to keep updating to give you all the rest of what happened!
Debbie, we never did make it down to CS. Our friends that just moved were in Chicago, and our other friend met up with us in Denver after she dropped her in-laws off at DIA. It would have been great to meet up with you!

Courtney said...

Jane, we might take you up on the offer of girls' clothes! Although right now my mom is going crazy shopping for the girls--and they won't be home for a while yet! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that's brave, driving all that way. We did good to drive to the airport and make all our flights without incident. And your right, it was crazy cold in MO last week. We were in Hannibal, and I nearly froze my legs off getting to church and back! Hose makes you hot in summer, but it sure doesn't keep you warm in winter!