Thursday, July 22, 2010

Watching for triggers

I love that I know my kids well enough to be able to see when their behavior is a result of triggers in their lives.

Danielle has been reverting to some not-so-acceptable behaviors in the past couple of weeks, and I know it's due to some changes at the preschool. Her main teacher was out on vacation last week and then her afternoon teacher broke her arm and has been in and out. Since Danielle has only been in the preschool over the summer, she doesn't know any of the substitute teachers. I think her current rotating-teacher situation is reminding her a little bit too much of the orphanage. But it's comforting to know that this is temporary and that as she goes through this and comes out the other side, it's one more way to show her that this is not an orphanage and that she is home for good. :)

No comments: