Thursday, January 04, 2007

Forgetfulness

I completely forgot to mention the great lunch we had on the way out to Colorado the Saturday before Christmas. We met up with Beth and Steve who are also in the process of adopting from Ukraine and are using the same facilitator. We just happened to be driving right through their hometown so we arranged lunch. It was a lot of fun and great to get to meet someone I've only known through emails and phone calls. :) I'm sure I'm going to remember other random things about the holidays that I forgot to mention, so there may be a few days of this backtracking.

It has been quite a transition coming back to work after a week off. I was excited and ready to come back to work on Tuesday but it seems to be sapping my energy and I've been sleeping a lot at night. Not a bad thing, but interesting. I have signed up for a Pilates class at our fitness center at work and I'm trying to get back into doing my Pilates CD at night. I really like Pilates and I can tell a difference when I'm doing it. I'm not big into the weightloss thing but I would really like to do some toning.

I'm hoping to get some pics from Christmas posted soon. You can see all of the fun Mark and J had sorting Mark's old GI Joe collection. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came upon your blog and have saved it to look at. The best thing is that we live in St. Louis also. I loved hearing about the alleys, the storm over the summer, the Cardinals and free things to do in town. My husband and I adopted a 4 and a half year old boy from Ukraine in Nov 2005. It was an amazing experience for us and we couldn't be happier. Just keep the faith, god has the perfect timing for you two. We didn't do a blog, but would love to talk. My email address is kitchell2000@sbcglobal.net. I would love to hear you.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I didn't put my name. Good luck in your process, I will keep you in my prayers. I hope to hear form you. Vickie

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!! I talked to Jason earlier this week and he was chattering on and on about how you guys took him sledding and how he flew when he hit a big bump:) He also said that he was going to ask Santa for GI Joes for xmas next year so when he's "old" he'll have a big box of them to go through;)
Diane

Katie said...

Funny that you should leave that comment - I've been thinking a lot about you guys lately, and the journey that God's had you on these past few years. Seriously - how do you do it?? (not that we're considering international adoption at this point, but...)