Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happenings

It's been a busy few days and frustrating as well, which it why I hadn't posted. :) We've been waiting on a couple of pieces of paper to finish up our dossier. We received one on Monday and the last one is in the mail. The tentative plan is to get apostilles done this Friday. If we've got everything, we'll ship the dossier to Ukraine this weekend; if not, it will go out the beginning of next week. There's not a huge rush, as our facilitators just submitted several dossiers and are at the end of the line to submit again. Besides that, the SDA director and several others have apparently resigned (yes, again) so we don't know if that is going to have any affect on adoptions yet. However, the dossier that we are sending should be good for several months so we are hopeful that it will be able to be submitted at some point in time this spring.

On another note, anyone want to go on Mark's birthday surprise trip with us?? It's here in the St Louis area but I can't tell you what it is as it's a surprise! If you're interested, send me an email at frogcourt at yahoo dot com (take out all of the spaces, of course) and I can give you more info. We'll be going the evening of Friday, March 30. You would need to have from about 6:30pm until 9:30pm free. It should be really cool (and no, it's not the City Museum).

I did finish the bathroom and it looked so much better that now I want to paint the hallway. :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats on the bathroom success! I laughed pretty hard when I read your previous post about it. Even though pink is my "new favorite color" I think a bathroom like that could be too much. I've heard that pink and brown are pretty popular together now. You'd match my tennis shoes. he he he...