Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A few select pics

I know this is going to make all of you want to run over to visit, but you're just going to have to be patient. ;) As promised, I have (finally!) managed to get a few pics of the new house on here. All of these pics were taken the weekend after we closed, so a few things have already changed.

This is the house. It is actually two stories, both with ten-foot ceilings, but it looks like a midget in between the two giants next door. Both of those are vacant, by the way, so you might be looking at our next projects.
The infamous wall of mirrors. When we bought this house I thought we had managed to get into our first house ever without any pink--not so. This "hole" was covered by a very large mirror when we viewed the house. Basically we have a 10' x 15' wall of 12" x 12" mirrors, minus a few in the middle.
The ever-appealing faux wood beams. Seriously, they're U-shaped pieces of styrofoam glued to the ceiling. This is the living room ceiling, minus the two beams Mark already pulled off. We have these attractive beams in the living room, dining room, and kitchen.

You're now viewing two of my favorite pieces in the house...the chandelier in the dining room and an example of our windows. If I had to guess, the windows are original and they are beautiful! Well, they will be once we get them refinished. They have the old chain and weights down the sides and they are between 7' and 8' tall. I cleaned up the chandelier and it is now so sparkly. I love it! To be continued...

3 comments:

Julie said...

WOW! How cool is that! Great job on the chandelier. It looks beautiful!

And the wall of mirrors... makes me laugh every time. The pink behind it made me laugh even harder. Then, when you said that there was a mirror over the pink wall I wet my pants! Did they really need another mirror on that wall!?

Courtney said...

You have no idea how many mirrors are in this house--it's crazy! The bathroom upstairs has a mirror hanging on the wall, a mirrored medicine cabinet, square mirrors as "decoration" all around the wall above the shower, and a small cosmetic mirror stuck TO one of the other mirrors! All of this in a 3'x6' space!!

Julie said...

Woo hoo the laughter continues! Mirrors above the shower? Does that mean they're in the shower on the ceiling? I'm so loving this! Thanks for the entertainment :)

I mean, I feel bad for you guys and all the time and work you have to put into making the house more appealing. But, you made my day!