Saturday, October 06, 2007

Demolition, day 1

Technically it's not really day 1, since Mark got the building permit on Thursday and had the opportunity to do a little demolition Thursday and Friday, but it's the first day we've really gone after it together. This isn't exactly at the beginning--we'd already pulled off a bunch of drywall, but here are sort of middle-of-the-day pictures:


After:

All of this is upstairs in between the back bedroom and the middle bedroom. Today we demolished the closet, removing all of the drywall and the studs that framed out the closet. We also removed all of the drywall off of the bathroom wall backed up to the middle bedroom, some firred out ductwork downstairs, and a bunch of plaster off of the fireplace in the front bedroom. It was hot, dirty, and a lot of fun. :) :) Even better, we went to Lowe's later and I got my own hammer. I think that was because I lost my grip on the old wooden one I was using and accidentally threw it about 6'. Luckily for all involved, it wasn't in Mark's direction. ;) But it did make him decide that it might be a good idea to get me one with a rubber grip. LOL

I also have my own tool bag now! Mark got a new one a few weeks ago so I get his old one. He said it might be a little too big, but I told him that's what my hips are for. God didn't give me hips for birthing, He gave me hips for holding tool bags. I'm not sure Mark thought it was as funny as I did. :) :)

Thank you for all of the helpful tips! Feel free to post more as you think of them--all of the comments get emailed to me so I will see them even if you comment on an earlier post. Last weekend we went to Goodwill and picked up a few clothing items for the kids. When we got home, Mark laid them out on the couch to remove the tags and write down what we got (we're making a list so we don't end up with too much of one size). I looked at all of the clothes and thought, I'm ready for this. :) Seeing the practical aspects of being a parent helps me realize we are ready for parenthood, or as much as we can be. Thanks for all of the prayers and words of encouragement!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

You guys kill me! You're doing demo with an adoption looming in the near future! My house is comple=etly in tact and I'm barely holding things together!

Nataliya said...

Courtney, you are having too much fun with your house :) That's awesome!

Tami said...

I am IM-pressed! How do you manage doing the house and trying to get ready for your adoption at the same time?! You are a woman of many talents.
BTW - We finally got our airline tickets...if I can get my computer to work I'll post about it later.