Thursday, October 25, 2007

I love Craig's list!

We've been collecting clothes to take with us for the kids, and we're collecting both through donations and things that we buy. But even Goodwill can be a little pricy when you're trying to collect a LOT of clothes, so I've resorted to Craig's list.** We've used Craig's list for a number of other things, both buying and selling, like a dorm fridge (sold), planer (bought), table saw (bought), and dresser (sold). It's a convenient source of local online classifieds if you have one for your area.
I posted a few days ago a WTB ("want to buy") ad looking for toddler clothes 12mo to 3T for $1 per item or less. I received an email from a woman who sold me about 40 pieces of clothing for $20! They are super cute, although to Mark's dismay they're mostly boy clothes. He just figures that means all of the clothes will be staying in Ukraine. ;)
We've been slowly cleaning out the bedroom that the kids will occupy. It had managed to accumulate a lot of stuff which has now mostly been moved out. In the process we cleaned the bedroom in the basement and reorganized the closet. :)

**Note about Craig's list: Be careful to type in craigSlist, not craiglist (without the s), as that latter site apparently takes you to an undesirable web site. Just thought you should know.

7 comments:

Tami said...

Are you bringing clothes with you? I was thinking about just going through some of Punky's old clothes and bring a couple of each size up to 3T just to try on...that way we can take the clothes to some local stores to figure out the right size. What do you think?
We've broken the 40 day barrier!!! Woohoo!!

Julie said...

You probably don't want to hear this, but I have about 4 garbage bags worth of girl clothes by my back door that I'm donating :) Wish you lived closer!

(Not that I think I'm the best person to give advice, but I think because of the whole FlyLady thing, we have some stuff in common. So, instead of staying 'you' I will only use 'I'.)

I'm amazed at how little amount of clothing that I need for each child. I think my 2 year old could survive with about 6 outfits for each season. And a few dresses. Maybe less.

There, now I've shared my knowledge about little people. That's all I've got!

Ken and Joy said...

Courtney: I am with you on the "Craig's List" thing.....I LOVE IT! I have found a lot of great stuff there.

I am also taking some clothes with me that has been donated. I am giving them to the Orphange as I am sure they are always needing clothes.

Talk to you later.
Joy

Kevin and Krista said...

I am glad you found my site. :) I am following your blog now and can't wait to hear about your trip. So exciting!

:) Krista

Jane said...

Courtney

I have a huge bag of Maggie's clothes I was going to get rid of. They are 2T (mostly Summer though). Want me to hold onto them for you?

Jane

Courtney said...

Jane,

Completely up to you. If it's easier to go ahead and get rid of them now I completely understand. I'm in a purging mode at home myself. ;) Apparently that's how I nest.

Jane said...

I'll just stick them under the stairs and if you don't need them, I'll take them to Goodwill.....
I'm hoping you WILL need them!!!! It will be a good excuse to finally meet you and your new kiddos when you get home