Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I'm sleepy!

Last night Mark and I watched a movie that started around 9pm. This is unusual for us, especially since it was a weeknight, but it was a special occasion. Our neighborhood held an outdoor movie night last night in the church/school parking lot and showed "Happy Feet". Fun movie and always fun hanging out with the neighbors. I think adults were outnumbered by kids about 3:1--and we didn't even bring any! Great messages in the movie, although Mark thought it got a little slow towards the end. That probably had something to do with it being past 10 pm. ;) And of course today I have a 1.5 hour meeting followed by a half hour meeting. Looks like I'll be drinking some coffee this morning!

Our dossier did not get submitted Monday, but it appears that we are first in line to submit next week (Aug 13)! There are still a lot of things that can go wrong between now and then, and we've had enough disappointments through this whole process that I'm not getting my hopes up too high. I refer to it as being "cautiously optimistic". :)

5 comments:

Nataliya said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you next Monday! Our dossier was submitted on July 30.

Tami said...

Oooooh I can't stand this wait! :) I don't think I'm anywhere near the front of the line - we're at least third in line with our agency (maybe 5th - depending on how many they were able to submit on Monday) and the wait is killing me. How do you stay so calm?

Tonya said...

I find my self saying "ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease OH PLEEEEEASE!!! God!!"

I am praying and I will be checking in on Monday!

Courtney said...

Me too, Tonya--although I'm really trying hard to know that if it's not submitted on Monday that God has a different plan. Hard to comprehend after waiting for so long! :)

Courtney said...

Oh, and Tami, after 2.5 years, you start to get used to the waiting. ;)