Monday, February 18, 2008

It is quiet

The boys are still asleep, Mark has already left for work, and I've actually gotten up, showered, dressed, and started a load of laundry. I have a few precious moments of quiet before the energy in the house is up. :)

We had a really good weekend, so thanks for all of the prayers! LOL Saturday we had lunch with an old college friend of mine and his wife and two children. Their kids are a little younger than ours but we had a great time at lunch and the boys did really well. Afterwards we stopped at the Science Center for a little bit to let the boys run around. They're really starting to grasp the idea of playing there and being able to choose what you want to do. We spent most of our time in the building area where they have puzzles, legos, pattern blocks, and other big building blocks. Saturday night for dinner we had ravioli soup, although we can't call it ravioli soup because Zhenya won't eat soup. So we called it ravioli and he ate it just fine. ;)

Sunday at church Mark left the boys in their classroom almost the entire time and they did great! Depending on who is leading their classroom, they are allowed to do some behaviors that we don't allow at home, but that's going to happen at different times so we just have to reinforce appropriate behavior when we can. Yesterday afternoon the boys were really wound up. Not overstimulated-wound up, just little boy-wound up (it's funny, but you can definitely tell a difference). I spent a good part of the afternoon saying "no, you can't climb on the coffee table", "no, you can't jump on the couch", etc. and providing corrections as necessary. Last night we went for a quick dinner with Micah and Tiffany and the boys did great. They were talking up a storm and ate really well. Which might be why they're still asleep...

Mark has been spending every weekend at our "new" house finishing up the demolition. We're getting bids on plumbing and electric and he's hoping it will be ready to start putting back together by the end of this month. He has worked really hard on this and I haven't been able to help since we got back from Ukraine, so he's been doing all of the work himself. I'll post some new pictures of the progress as soon as we get them--usually when Mark goes over he's too busy working to take pictures. :)

I haven't taken any recent pictures of the boys either, so you'll have to wait for those. :)


Tami said...

I'm glad you were able to grab some quiet time in before the craziness of the day begins. Enjoy! :) Can't wait to see pics of the house and the boys.

MamaPoRuski said...

We got a mini-trampoline for the family room for our "little boy energy" now we send the boys to bounce to get the "ants out of your pants". I love reading your blogs and can so relate to having two boys!
God Bless!

Anonymous said...

good luck on the house, Mark! I'm sure it's tough trying to get it all done - but it'll be worth it in the long run. Someday you'll think back to all the hard work and know that it was much more worthwhile than watching tv or something like that...jf