Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"Let it snow", "Heat wave", and "Singin' in the Rain"

I feel like I have so much to catch you up on!

Thursday afternoon and night it snowed--I think our total was about 8". The boys didn't go out on Friday since it was so cold, but it warmed up enough on Saturday so all of us went to the park. The boys (all 3 of them) had a GREAT time. They built a snowman, had a snowball fight, and were just in general silly with the snow. The little ones loved throwing snowballs at us, although being typical little boys they would scoop up the biggest pile of snow they could find and in the process of trying to throw it managed to drop most of it on themselves. Hilarious to watch.



On Sunday we had a big breakthrough when both of the boys were playing with other kids at church. Woohoo! They're finally getting socialized. :) They've been in the classroom for several weeks but usually just play by themselves (individually, not even together).

By Monday it was 70 degrees. Unreal. So we went to the playground at the park for two hours. I met another adoptive mom there who came home from China a few days after we came home from Ukraine. And there was another 4 yo little girl there who speaks English and German. The kids all played together which was fantastic to watch (and kind of funny since none of them could understand each other).

Yesterday it rained and rained and rained. But we did get the opportunity to find out that the boys are not afraid of thunder and lightning, so that was good. **As I was writing this, Dima came up and crawled next to me with a book. He then took my left arm and wrapped it around himself to snuggle with me. :)**

Today we had a play date with one of our friends from church, her two children, and the woman and her daughter that we met at the playground. Lots of fun, and the kids actually played together again so that was good. Slow and steady progress!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I'm glad the boys are settling in

Sarah Halter said...

Oh my goodness, I love those GIGGLES on the video! Glad to hear of the snuggles and socializing!

Kevin and Krista said...

Well it sounds like you are a regular old family now. ;) I love it!

Krista