Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ESL funnies

Last Friday when I picked the kids up from school, Tim was very excited to tell me about his snack.

"We had ice cream cones for snack, Mama! Dalton brought tiny ice cream cones!"

Teasing him, I asked him if he'd saved any for me.

"Yes, but without the ice cream. They're in my backpack!"

I figured he was teasing me, as he loves to do and is just really starting to get the hang of. When we got home, he pulled out a little plastic bag.

"See Mama? Dalton brought ice cream cones for snack!"

I started giggling. "Oh...those are Bugles...they're chips."

Tim goes running into the dining room...

"Alex, look! Dalton brought beagles for snack today!"

I don't think I even bothered containing my laughter on that one!

1 comment:

Thuy said...

Soooo cute! I love this story! I also love ice cream, bugles, AND beagles! :)

Miss you guys and hope you are well.