Wednesday, April 25, 2007

News from the front

All of our dossier (updated documents, etc.) are now are on their way to/in Ukraine. We don't really have a timeline beyond this, but I will let you know as soon as it is submitted (or as soon as we need to redo more documents--hopefully not!!!).

I have lost 7 lbs since starting my aerobics class at work! I have almost reached my first goal. I set a few small goals for myself to get to my final goal. This first goal is the most exciting one for me, because it means I'm actually making progress. :) Don't worry--my weight loss goals are very healthly and well within the range I should be for my height and build. I actually started the aerobics class to improve my cardiovascular system. The weight loss is just a side benefit. In other words, I'm not dieting (written as I lick icing off of my fingers from a piece of cake). ;)

Mark has had several interviews (all in the St Louis area) and we are hoping for an offer very soon. There are a couple of jobs he is particularly interested in, so we are hoping those come through. :)

We put an offer on a house yesterday. Surprise! :) I had mentioned this house before, and we finally got our act together and put in an offer. We offered $15K less than the price it is listed for, so we'll see if it gets accepted. If it does, we've got a lot of work in store for us. :) It's located a few houses up from our current house, and it would be awhile (read: months) before we could move in since we need to remove the entire WALL of 12x12" mirrors in the living room. That's just the beginning. But we're pretty sure it's structurally sound. We're having an inspection anyway, of course, just to make sure we haven't missed anything major.

We are still in the situation I asked for prayers over, so prayers are still much appreciated. I wish I could share more details, and at some point I will be able to, but at this point there are a lot of unknowns and I am not comfortable putting too much on the blog. We've been keeping this very quiet and are waiting to see what God has for us in this area.

Obviously we've got lots going on, but the musical is over and graduation is in a few weeks, so with life settling down we had to find something new to use up our energy!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You're taking down the wall of mirrors?! Just think of all the creative possibilities you have... etching, faux stained glass, ... so many ideas!

Seriously, the house sounds great! I hope it all works out for you guys.