Friday, April 13, 2007

So glad it's Friday!

The documents did not happen last night. We would have had to take another document to get apostilled after today anyway, so now we'll just take them all together.

I am ready for bed. That's sort of a problem as it's not anywhere near bedtime yet, and we have a lot to do before then. And it's supposed to snow. Those of you who know me (particularly those who knew me in college) will know that I tend to randomly change subjects when I'm tired. Sorry. Do your best to follow along, but it may not be easy. It's supposed to snow tomorrow morning. We don't even live in Michigan anymore! How are we getting snow in April?? It's going to make the run tomorrow morning and then the marathon on Sunday awfully cold, particularly for those of us who aren't running. ;)

I have been helping some with the costumes for the musical, and I was asked to help repair our canvas backdrop. Someone in the play had suggested fishing line, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hold for the repair that needs to be done. So I did some research and found some repair tape that is designed for canvas. I've had a little difficulty finding said tape. REI and Bass Pro Shops only carry repair tape for nylon and ripstop (i.e., for backpacks and nylon tents). I did, however, find two stores that carry the tape I needed--EMS and Cabela's. EMS only has stores on the east coast, but Cabela's is throughout the midwest. Except for Missouri. Until today. Today, a brand new Cabela's opened less than 5 minutes from my work. I scooted over there at lunch, picked up my tape, and will be repairing the backdrop a couple of hours before the show. Hopefully, both Mark and I will get a nap in before the show--we could both definitely use it!

No comments: