Sunday, November 11, 2007

What's black and blue all over?

Me. ;)

...bruised from moving furniture into the new wing of the church Friday and Saturday. I somehow managed to get bruises on places I don't even remember bumping! I did get some very nice bruises on my shins from pulling furniture out of the pods. But we got all 5 of them emptied!

...dark circles under my eyes from staying up until 1:30 am (!!) on Saturday night. We went over to T and HH's house and played Settlers and Seafarers from 7:30 pm until after midnight. It's been a long time since either of us have been up that late, especially Mark--he even drove us home!

...sad, because the circus train is gone. :) On Friday as we drove over the railyard there was a Ringling Bros./Barnum and Bailey's circus train! I was so excited that Mark asked if I'd ever seen a circus. :) Yes, but I've never seen a circus train! I got to see it several times this weekend as we drove over it. Oh, and for anyone who likes the circus, Ringling/B&B have a continual promotion to give each child in the US under the age of 1 yo a FREE circus ticket--and they give tickets to children who've been adopted in the past year as well!

3 comments:

Tami said...

The circus! Oh, how fun!!! What's not fun is those bruises. Ouch! And what is "Settler's and Seafarers?"

Courtney said...

I actually thought about putting a link to S&S in the posting--I'll have to edit that. Settlers is a board game, I think similar to Risk (but I don't play Risk so I'm not sure about that). You try to build cities and roads through accumulating various resources. Seafarers adds in a water component, so you can build ships and sail to different islands. It's a lot of fun, and we have a great time because all of us are friendly-competitive. No holds barred on blocking someone else from going where they want to go. ;)

Kevin and Krista said...

Why aren't we real life friends? We have both of those games and love them!