Thursday, July 03, 2008

Oh, to have the taste buds of a 6 year old

Tonight we had fajitas for dinner. The boys have had quesadillas and I thought it was about time to introduce them to fajitas, so I cooked up some beef with a little onion. Then I showed the boys how to put the fajitas together--a couple of strips of beef, some guacamole, some cheese, roll it up, and eat! The boys love raw fruits and veggies so that's usually a key part of our meals, and last night was no exception. In addition to their fajitas, they had cucumber, strawberries, and tomatoes. As I was showing Zhenya how to put his fajita together, I told him he could put some of his tomato on if he wanted (which he did). Then when we were putting Dima's together, he wanted to put cucumbers on. Okay, a little unusual, but sort of a California fajita. ;)

Then for his second fajita, Dima did a strip of meat, a generous helping of guacamole, some cheese, cucumbers, and slices of strawberries (he specifically requested that I slice his strawberry so that he could put it on his fajita). He seemed to like it and he ate it all. As long as he's eating, he can combine his food however he wants. But he's not going to be cooking for me anytime soon. :) :)

2 comments:

Jane said...

They sound so like Daniel, he eats fruit whenever and wherever he can get it!!! I think maybe he'd draw the line on strawberry fajitas though!!!!

Tami said...

Oh those poor strawberries!!! ;) My kids are the same. They love their fruits and vegetables...it's meats and grains I have to work to get them to eat. No wonder my kids are all toothpicks! :)