Monday, July 07, 2008

A new challenge

I had posted quite a while ago about some options at work that could use prayer. I hadn't updated on that because nothing was finalized, but now it is and I think it's safe to post that I will be transferring to another location for our company. :) Don't worry (or get excited), we're not moving. Right now I commute about 30 miles to work, and when I transfer I'll be commuting...6 miles!! I'll be doing basically the same things I do now, just much closer to home.

I have mixed emotions about all of this. I love the people I work with where I am now, and I will definitely miss them and the environment up here. I have been able to meet and actually work with many of the people I will be working with at the new location through the training course that I recently finished up, and I think I'll really like working with all of them but it's always a challenge starting somewhere new. I am REALLY excited about the shortened commute. It will make things much easier in regards to the boys' schedule when school starts up again, and it will be nice to be so close if (when??) they get sick at school and need to be picked up quickly. I start the new position July 21 and have quite a bit of training to go through. I'm excited, nervous, and a little bit sad all at once.

Thanks, Hazelwood. I'm going to miss you guys.

3 comments:

Pat G. said...

Well congratulations on the new job. New beginnings are always exciting and mostly good things. Remember, you never get something you haven't had unless you do something you haven't done.

Tami said...

I'm so happy for you! That shorter commute will be great for you time-wise and easier on your pocketbook! :) Think of all the gas money you'll save.
It's always a little scary starting a new job (or in this case - a new location). I'm sure you will do great! :)

Thuy said...

Courtney, thanks for sharing! I'll pray that all goes well with the job transition. It's completely understandable that you have mixed emotions. I have lots of confidence in you, Dr. Olmsted! (I'm spoiled; I've never had to drive more than 5 miles to work! Praise God! I'm a huge advocate of shortening your commute if you can - you'll feel the fantastic difference!)