Saturday, August 30, 2008

Again! Again! Again!

  • I mentioned I was destined to be a mother of boys, and I mean it. Want to know one of the first things I packed this weekend? A stain stick.

    Want to know when I first used it? Last night, as soon as we arrived. LOL

    That would also be why I made Dima wear a dark red shirt yesterday instead of the white one he wanted to wear. I am a smart mama, indeed.

  • I usually leave before the boys are awake (we've got our work schedules arranged so that Mark drops the boys off at school and I pick them up as soon as school is done). Mark usually manages to get a shower before I leave, but one morning I had already left and he was getting out of the shower when he heard a tremendous thud against the bathroom door. He opened the door to find Dima rubbing his head and Zhenya states "Dima head door!". Apparently Dima was still pretty asleep and walked straight into the bathroom door, expecting it to be open. It wasn't. :)

  • We're (I use the term "we" loosely...very loosely) playing lots of base ball this weekend and the boys finally got to meet one of Mark's siblings--his (younger and bigger) brother Paul. They've already determined that Paul makes a fantastic jungle gym. Between base ball and horseplay (and swimming!!), ALL of the boys will sleep well tonight. And I will have time to update my coupons. ;)

  • The title of this post is about all Paul is going to hear this weekend, between flipping the boys over, hoisting them into the air, and launching them in the pool. They've found a new playmate. :) :)

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    This has nothing to do with how clean the boys are (at least directly), but a friend of mine from high school works with a rescue, and is desperately looking for a home for an 8 month old black lab mix. I wasn't sure you'd be up for another dog, but thought that you all might know someone who is. Feel free to pass on any information.

    http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11711244

    It sounds like you all are doing great.

    Erin (Moisan-Thomas) Mullen
    eemt81@yahoo.com

    Kathy and Matt said...

    Wish I could say that dealing with stains was something I never experienced as the mother of 2 girls. Sadly, it's not the case. I think I'm soaking something nearly every night.

    Fortunately, we've gotten lots of hand-me-downs from cousins, so I don't worry much about clothes getting dirty. LOL!

    Courtney said...

    Kathy, that's why we buy all of the boys clothes on clearance or from Goodwill! I don't worry about them staining it beyond repair if I only paid a dollar or two for it.

    Erin, unfortunately, we're not up for another dog just yet--not until we lose one of the ones we have! Four people plus two dogs is plenty in our little house. She's a cutie, though--hopefully she finds a home soon!