Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy birthday to me!

A year ago, I wouldn't have been celebrating too much, as I was a 31-year-old without kids. There's nothing wrong with not having kids, but it's rough when you want to have kids and all of your friends have kids! Birthdays just remind you (as do Mothers Days) that you aren't where you want to be. At that point in our process, I was wondering if we would ever have kids. Now I'm the proud 32-year-old mom of a 5 and 6 yo. I feel so young. :) :)

I got a great birthday present yesterday when one of my coworkers pointed out that I can go home for lunch! The thought hadn't even occurred to me--I've never worked close enough to go home for lunch (working on campus in college doesn't count). So today, on my birthday, I am having lunch AND dinner with my wonderful husband. Since my love language is quality time, today should absolutely fill up my tank! I'm picking up lunch and meeting Mark at the house (he has Thursdays off) and then we're going out to dinner tonight at a Japanese steakhouse in Illinois. Some wonderful friends have volunteered to babysit and the boys will already be in bed before we go.

7 comments:

Tami said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great day! :)

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Happy Birthday to you, indeed! I totally understand what you're saying :) My 32nd was the best birthday ever - we were in Ukraine and just 4 days away from our court hearing.

Hope you enjoy your special day!

Thuy said...

Happy happy birthday, Courtney!!! Hope it was a fabulous day!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
Every year I ask my boys how old I should be and every year they tell me I'm twenty-four...God bless!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had some fun things planned. I hope it went well :)

Ken and Joy said...

Happy belated birthday!! Mine is close to your...8/12.

Hope you had a good one!!!

Tonya said...

I'm late, but happy birthday anyway:).