Thursday, August 21, 2008

First day of school!

Today is the boys' first day of school--sort of. :)

They both have orientation today and will have a half day tomorrow. They like to start the Kindergarteners and AE kids (pre-K class) out with short days to help them adjust, since many of them have never done full-day school before. Last night the boys and I put their backpacks together and labeled their things. They are SOOOO excited about school, and I am excited for them.

We've been talking about who their teachers will be and who will be in their class, and practicing the "school prayer" at dinner (they have a rote prayer that they say before lunch at school). I hope they will continue to love school for many years!

3 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

I hope their "first" day - and tomorrow - go really well for them!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Checking in to see if there are pics or updates of their first day of school! Hope all is going well. God Bless!

Courtney said...

Don't worry, if I hadn't posted a picture the grandparents would have been after me too! :)