Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Still no power

Mark went over late last night, but sure enough there wasn't any power. We're praying that the radiators didn't freeze and crack last night. If they did, we are looking at well over $10000 to repair/replace our heating system. And yes, we could put in forced air then, but it would still be over $10000 to run ductwork and buy a furnace.

Mark will be headed to the house after he drops the boys off, so we'll know shortly. If there's water on the floors we're in trouble! I'll post an update as soon as I know anything.

And can someone explain to me why when I call and say our power is out, they send a technician out within 30 minutes who disconnects our power and removes the meter from the wall, but when I need power restored they say "well, we should be able to get someone out there today or tomorrow"???

Edited at 9am: Still no power, but the radiators appear to be intact--no puddles or leaking. Yay! The house is currently between 45 and 50 degrees. Provided we can get the power back on today, we should be okay. And yes, I'm calling the electric company to check on the status of our "ticket" every hour.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Sigh. Such a distraction and stress! Glad to hear that there doesn't appear to be any damage. Hope everything is up and running again soon!

Mamapierce said...

I'm sorry - how frustrating!!!

Julie said...

Geesh! Didn't you just go through some other kind of hassle with the meters? Crazy!

Tami said...

Its crazy isn't it?..how quick they are to shut it off, but not turn it back on. Beats me!