Thursday, April 02, 2009

We have the money!

You guys are really amazing at these specific prayer requests!

I got a call from our bank today that the "new" money is in. I set up a wire transfer (long story) to get the money to the account it needed to be in. Mark and Zhenya picked up the money this afternoon so we're all ready to go! Right?

Personally, I can live in the same clothes for 3, 4, even 5 weeks, but we couldn't go without the money, so yes, we're ready to go.

I do plan on packing some clothes over the next few days. :) :)

And...we have a dogsitter!! I could have told you we had one yesterday, but that would have turned out to be incorrect. Now we really do have one. She is very responsible and will love being so close to her work, since she happens to be Dima's teacher! LOL Yes, I called and asked his teacher if she would be interested in housesitting for us. She lives quite a ways away so I thought she might be interested in being closer for a few weeks. We've got a few people who are able to help her out if she needs some extra coverage (thank you Ryan and Thuy and DMAG family!!) so I am finally feeling some relief over that situation. It kind of felt like we were getting down to the wire with finding someone to help with the dogs.

I've only been a little stressed lately--to the point that Mark said last night "You know we leave in 5 days" and I turned away from him and very maturely said "I'm not listening! I'm not listening! I can't hear you!" and put my hands over my ears. No joke. :)

I just can't even think about the amount of time left before we leave. Every time I think about it I start to get sick to my stomach, thinking there's no way we can get everything done. And we probably can't. But we'll just keep plugging along, getting the things done that NEED to be done and letting the rest fall into place wherever God wants them.

Do you know that if things go as expected, one week from tomorrow we will be meeting our daughters? :) :) :)

7 comments:

Tami said...

That makes it so real, doesn't it? Knowing that in a week you will meet your child face to face. That's when I start to get really nervous. Up until that point they are part of a process we're working toward, but once everything is done and its down to the next major event is meeting them, I become a bit of a mess! :) You're doing beautifully BTW - even with the naaa-naaaa-naaa I can't hear you response!
Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you! :)

Flush said...

Wow Courtney, looks like it is falling into place!!! Please give Eve a big hug from me and tell her I am so happy for her!!!!

I sent the photos to your Walgreens. Thanks again for doing that for us....I know the orphanage staff will just be thrilled!

orphans4me said...

Step by step God is leading you. What a relief and encouragement, I'm sure. I remember getting to the place where I just said "ready or not, here I come."
Joy,RR

ArtworkByRuth said...

WOO-HOO! (On the money and meeting the girls in a week!) Hope it is warm for you there! We lived on three outfits a piece besides court clothes for eight weeks...you can do it!

adoptedthree said...

Our third adoption we were given 48 hours notice. Yep to have money, plane tickets, kennel, babysitters etc...before getting on the plane!
Five days is plenty :)

Glad everything is falling into place!

Tonya said...

You'll make it just fine!:):):).

This is SO exciting! I can't wait to see pics of those little dolls!

Mamapierce said...

I'm so thrilled to hear that you have new money. We had so many issues because ours was OLD. *sigh*