Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Waiting is our new normal

We missed our Monday oxygen treatment because apparently God decided we didn't need to go. ;)

Yesterday was our first day back and Emily did great. I have to take Emily back and get her changed when we first get there so I have to leave the other kids in the lobby. So far I haven't been able to find someone to come sit with them and yesterday when I came back to the lobby they were practically in some guy's lap trying to see his cell phone. I was horrified and ended up not going back to check on Emily until 4pm because I didn't think I could safely leave the others. Tuesdays and Thursdays are big clinic days for the wound care clinic so the lobby is super crowded. But Emily does fine back by herself and it's probably better not to have me back there so she doesn't try to talk.

Today is another follow-up with the surgeon. I'm really hoping we get some kind of timeline as to when he will release her flap.

No comments: