Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New camera

We got a new camera! Of course, I haven't taken any pictures of note with it yet, but soon...soon.

We bought our old camera last January. Yes, less than a year ago. And recently something just was not right with the batteries. We tried a variety of fixes but basically we could only take about 6 pictures before the battery would die. That's not really conducive to taking a lot of pictures. So we called customer service and they told us to return it. On Monday, Mark returned it and got the camera that's the next step up, but while he was there he saw our same camera being sold (new) for nearly 1/3 of what we paid for it 9 months ago. Obviously there is a problem with that camera!

The new one we got is a Kodak Z1012 IS (the old one was the Kodak Z712 IS). And yes, we know Kodak is not top of the line, because we don't need a top of the line camera. The pictures on our old one were great (barring user error) and it more than met our needs other than the battery issues. We debated getting a Kodak again, but have liked our past two so much that we decided to go for it. Plus we already had the right memory card and a new battery. :)

I've played with the new one a little bit and I like it. The big difference between the two is the MP per picture--the old one was a 7MP camera and the new one is a 10MP camera. They both have a 12X optical zoom and image stabilization, which were the two important features we wanted. Now I have no excuse for not posting more pictures, right?

3 comments:

junglemama said...

Enjoy your new toy! I'm sure Kodak is a great brand!

Tami said...

Absolutely! Actually, I think we have the same camera - or pretty close to it...and we love it.
The only number I have for you is your Ukranian cell phone number. And somehow I don't think that's going to get me anywhere. I'll send you an email with our phone number...or vise versa. I'm pretty open the rest of this week (although I need to do my monthly grocery shopping tonight- wish me luck...and pray hard. ;) Can't wait to chat! :)

Tami said...

Okay. I just realized I don't have your email address either. Email me at six sunflower seeds at gmail dot com.

Sorry about that!