Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Nine months home today

We arrived home on Dec 24, 2007. We had arrived in the States on the 22nd, but drove home from NYC.

And...?

We've made some significant progress! I was looking through my blog photos on Flickr and came across the ones we posted while the boys were still in the orphanage. They look so tiny! I just want to scoop them up and hold them! The weird thing is they haven't really grown much. Still right about 30 lbs each, although they have gotten taller. But they look so much different now--like little boys instead of babies.

There are times that I wish we were in a different place in life. Maybe living out on some land, in a bit more rural area (but still close to a big city--I need my culture fix and a major airport! ;)) doing life a little bit differently. But I also realize that if we were in that place, we would not have access to the same resources that we have here, and which the boys (Dima in particular) really need right now to help them catch up. So I am doing my best to be content with where God has placed us now, knowing that His plan and purpose for our family extends far beyond what I can see or imagine.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I sometimes wish I could be isolated and keep my children isolated from the world. But, then I realize that I wouldn't be able to show God's love to others. It would just stay with our family.

I'm so excited for you and your family. I really wish we could hang out and swap mommy techniques. You're doing a fabulous job!

Tami said...

Congrats on the nine months! It's hard to believe isn't it? The time has flown by. I have the same hopes and dreams as far as where we live. This is by far the biggest town we've lived in WITH children. There are so many things I don't like about living in a big city...but this is where God has placed us (for now) and it has services that can definitely help Maddie. So I too am trying to be content. Hard though, isn't it?

Ashley said...

I definitely know all about learning to be content...

That is amazing that it has been 9 months already! The boys are doing great and you are a wonderful mother to them! They couldn't have a better family. :)