Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm still stressed, but in a good way

Much thanks to those of you who were praying for me yesterday (and those of you who may not have seen the post but would have been praying if you'd known ;)). I tried to word the post so that no one would get too worried about me, but the truth was that we had a meeting at 4pm yesterday. I thought that information might be a bit much for you guys in terms of making you worry...maybe I'm underestimating my readers. LOL

Since I'm sure some of you are more than a little curious as to what's going on...

We're starting the adoption process again! :) Yesterday was our first home visit for our HS. We wanted to make sure that we were able to be approved for more children before I posted anything on the blog, but we are approvable so we're running with it. We should be finished with our HS by the end of this month and I should have more details around mid-October. If things continue the direction they are headed, we will not be going back to Ukraine, but I can't won't share any details until we have a little more confidence that things are going to work out. I know--that was super vague. Sorry. :) But rejoice with us that we will be adding more children to our family!

The social worker asked (as some of you might) why we are starting the adoption process now, since we haven't even been home a year. We pointed out that our last adoption took almost 3 years. By starting now we should have more kids before we're 40. ;) Seriously, though, most international adoptions take at least a year. There are exceptions, of course, but we anticipate it taking a year or so. By that point, the boys will have been home almost 2 years (I can't even believe I'm writing that) and we feel comfortable bringing more children in at that point. Of course, if God chooses to move our adoption process along faster or slower, we know that He will bring our family together at the right time (that does NOT make it any easier to wait, by the way).

So we're on the great paperchase again. And yes, we have to redo our medicals. ;)

17 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Wow! Congratulations on starting on your new journey! :-) Can't wait to hear more.

Sarah Halter said...

Your last line made me laugh out loud! Congratulations - that's so exciting!

Diana said...

Wow! That's great for you guys! Good luck with however it all turns out.

Zack, Jenn and William said...

WOO HOO!! I had this sneaking suspicion that this might be what was going on. I don't know why I thought that, but I did and I was right :)

Oh fun, you get to do medicals again! If we ever do adopt again, that's probably the thing I dread most of all.

junglemama said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news. We are so happy for you all as you begin the journey to grow your family! I did find the last line amusing as well!

adoptedthree said...

That's wonderful! What another exciting chapter in your life!

I have the paperwork for a fourth but am still not ready to sign...

More children are only a blessing!

Leanna

ArtworkByRuth said...

O Wow O Wow O Wow!
We started again only three months home with Z and O will be home almost 14 months after we came home with him! Can't wait to see your next steps! God Bless!

Julie said...

Yippy! That is great news. I'm excited to hear more about the journey.

Kathy and Matt said...

WOW, what exciting news!

As you stated, it's probably good to start now, since the process seems to take so long.

Looking forward to following your ongoing journey!

Tonya said...

NO WAY!!!! I am so EXCITED!!!!!! We have talked about the same thing.

Can't wait to hear an update!:):):)

Laurel said...

Hi Courtney!
This is GREAT news. How exciting. We started our second Ukraine adoption process less than a year after bringing our girls home. God's timing is always perfect. I can't wait to see the plan that He unfolds for your family. As you know, we went from 1 child, to 3, to 5 in less than 2 years. All has worked out well for our family, though this is not always the case. God will lead you, guide you, and provide...or shut doors for you, depending on His plan. I hadn't checked your blog in months so I was so happy I checked it tonight! God must have told me that I needed to pray extra hard for you and that's why I decided to check it tonight! Congrats on your big decision to push ahead.
Laurel Boylan

Ken and Joy said...

Hey! THis is so exciting! I know that it is a pain to have to redo all your paperwork (medicals included), but of so worth it! Can't wait to hear more about it!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!
Sarah

Christy said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you. I've actually been considering adopting again as well. I'm looking into the Russian program.

Christy

Tami said...

YAY!!! How exciting! :) Can't wait to see what road God takes you down this time.

The Flying Eagle said...

YYYYYAAAA!!!!! I am such a terrible blog buddy! I just now have had the time to catch up on your blog and I can not believe I missed this announcement !!! How wonderful! I had my suspicions after your email but I had no idea you meant now! How exciting! How wonderful! Ohhhh please consider Alesky - I think of him daily. I wish it was earlier so that I could call -- I am just busting with excitement for you guys :-) Congrats on the house as well!!!