Sunday, January 18, 2009

Electricity does not equal heat

We spent yesterday over at the house for several hours. Thankfully, we were working outside. Because although it was only in the upper 30's outside, it was a blistering 27!! degrees in the house. Yikes. With the electricity on the thermostats are also on, which is where the low temp reading came from. It definitely felt like 27 in there. Mark and I had to discuss some more bathroom renovation issues and I was only in the house a few minutes (with gloves on) before my hands started to hurt.

Zhenya seems to have settled down since we've stopped talking about moving into the house. We just go over there and work on it, and he's fine with that. The boys spent most of the afternoon playing with sticks and their football and soccer ball. They had a great time and Mark and I were able to get some demolition done on the deck.

Friday night I attended a bunco night with a bunch of women from our church. I've never played bunco before, but it's pretty straightforward. It's not the most exciting of games, since you don't need to think at all to play, but I was able to have some great conversations with lots of women that I don't regularly get to talk with so that was nice. I stayed out way too late and ate way too much food, so all-in-all I'd say it was a great night. ;)

2 comments:

Tami said...

Sounds like fun! You're right, bunco may not be too exciting, but its a great game when you just want to visit.
Glad you had a good time.

Jane said...

When we were having our new house built, Daniel would sit on the step and not go in the house every time we went over there. I'm convinced he thought we were leaving him behind at the old house when we moved, despite him having picked out his bedroom etc.