Monday, February 07, 2011

It's been a busy day!

We had our SDA appointment at 11am this morning. It went well, and we will be going to visit Candace and another little girl on Wednesday. That's all I'm saying until we know more. ;)

After our SDA appointment, we met another family and their two little boys. They are here adopting a little girl through RR. We had lunch with them (at McDonalds--a first for us in Kyiv!) and then they came to our apartment for a while. After they left we hung out in the apartment for a bit then headed out to walk. We walked in some big circles, then met up with the Torres family at TGIFs (another first for us!). We talked to them for a little over an hour and then went to the grocery store, back to the apartment, then out to walk some more.

We walked a lot. :) :)
Here's our picture gallery of our trip so far:


Parking on the sidewalk is the norm here.


Traffic. Wouldn't want to be the cars in the middle!



One of the cathedrals at night.


Our apartment building!

6 comments:

Marsha Hays said...

I may not say much Courtney, but I keep you, Mark and the kids in my prayers always!

Marsha

The McEacherns said...

Ooo, can't wait to hear more, but I'm glad it went well!

Dawn said...

Courtney and Mark - I am so happy for you!!! I can't wait to hear more and see more pictures! We have all been thinking about you all day, waiting anxiously for this update. By the way, I wanted to call you this morning because the parking lot at school was much clearer and therefore covered in black ice!!! But I saw them all walking home as I was driving in this afternoon, so at least I know they all (all 5!!!) made it ok! Good luck and God bless your travels!
Dawn

Tonya said...

Can't wait to hear more! I'm glad your trip went well and I'll be praying for you!:)

Diane said...

Can't wait!!! Be safe.

erin said...

so far the country looks really pretty! too bad it all doesn't look like that. :/

wednesday... exciting! will keep you all in my thoughts. :)