Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Christmas party and growing up

Today was a pretty relaxing day. We had a couple of hours of speech this afternoon (Julia and Danielle; Emily is out of speech until 2014 to let her mouth heal) and then a Christmas party this evening. It was great to see some old friends that we only see once or twice a year and the kids had a blast eating everything in sight (it's a buffet) and doing crafts--mostly Christmas ornaments. Mark and I no longer get to hang ornaments on our Christmas tree; there's no room for any of ours with all of the kids' ornaments! Someday when they move out and take all of their ornaments I'll pull out all of ours again. Which reminds me...

The kids talk about what they want to do when they grow up all of the time. So far Tim is going to live in London for three years, then buy a boat and let me live on it, and I'll never have to cook or clean. Sign me up! Julia is going to live with me and cook for me. (I really don't think I complain about cooking, but they seem to think I need a break!) Danielle is going to live with me and clean (by the way, these are all their own ideas). Alex is going to live in Arizona, Australia, several parts of Africa, and across the street from me. Tim's latest idea after watching The Hunchback of Notre Dame and talking about the church made me laugh: "Mama, when I grow up I'm going to go to Paris and take pictures of the outside of the church, and then the inside of the church, and that big window, and then I'll send them to you."

Wouldn't it be easier if I just went with him?

2 comments:

Jane said...

Where is Mark going to be while all these kids are living with you???!!!!

Courtney said...

LOL I'm not sure. Apparently he's going to be at work!