Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Trusting

It looks like we will be getting the house that we put an offer on way back when. It's been a long process. I won't go into all of the boring details, but we are basically getting a move-in ready house for less than $39/sq ft. Move-in ready except for the missing plumbing, that is. ;)

This was all part of what we were trying to work out. The house is livable except the roof needs to be redone and part of the plumbing is missing (darn copper thieves!). So we have found a loan that will build the cost of those two repairs into our mortgage while still keeping us under the monthly payment we wanted. At some point maybe I'll share all of the gory details about why we wanted to do this this way, but for right now let's just say that we're looking into the future.

For the overwhelming part...well, a house and an adoption at the same time just tends to be a little overwhelming. I'm excited about both, and the new house has at least 5 bedrooms so we should be set for another few adoptions. ;) My anal side wants so much to be able to see how all of this is going to work out--this is pretty daunting financially. But then I read this post from Audrey. And it pretty much summed it up.

If I have the abilities to do all of this on my own, or I make it appear that way, no one would glorify God for that. But when we are incapable of doing the things He has called us to do and we trust that if this is His will, He will make it work, the outcome will bring glory to Him for the things that only could have come from Him.

Right now I only see the finite--the things we lack to do what we believe He is calling us to do. But if He has called us, He will also equip us and provide for us. We are choosing to move forward in faith and trust, not fear.

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." --Hebrews 13:20-21 (NIV)

5 comments:

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

Amen.
I'm so excited for you about the house. I love moving into a new (to me) house. Well, I should say I love living in a new to me house. I can't stand the moving part. ;>)

The Flying Eagle said...

You are such an inspiration. I can not wait to ring in our boys first Thanksgiving together :-)

junglemama said...

What an awesome deal!

orphans4me said...

Your post really spoke to my heart about God equipping us to do what He calls us to do and the verse is wonderful. Thank you,
Joy