Monday, January 18, 2010

More mama-school

Today the kids were off for MLK, Jr., Day so we had mama-school again. Amazingly enough...after brushing teeth I announced we were going downstairs for school and I actually got cheers of "Yay, school!!" I'm not kidding. I nearly fell down the stairs. :)

At breakfast Alex lost another tooth--his first top tooth! He looks like a first grader now. ;) It makes me a little sad and proud all at the same time to see him growing up. Unfortunately, he appears to have swallowed his tooth at breakfast which he was very disappointed about.

Everyone did all of their school work with NO complaining, and two of them asked for more work! Emily was quite put out that I didn't have more work for her and we'd already done several worksheets. I did make sure to point out that getting their work done cheerfully allowed them a lot more time to play than when they complained about it!

Then...the girls asked if they could strip their beds and change their sheets. Well...sure! :)

All in all it was a great day. Don't get me wrong; we had our fair share of disciplining going on, and the few sibling squabbles, but it was still great. I think we're all a little sad that they have to go back to school tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tami said...

What a great day! Have you given any thought to home-schooling? ;>)