Monday, January 04, 2010

'Twas a busy holiday

But very, very good. :) We visited family, had lots of family time at home, and relaxed. It was wonderful. I love being home with the kids and I'm sad that our "vacation" is over (although the kids are THRILLED to go back to school!).

We kept Christmas pretty simple and the kids all knew that we were celebrating Jesus' birthday. Tim said we should have a cake and presents for Jesus. Out of curiosity, I asked him what he wanted to give Jesus as a present.

"I think we should wrap up a yellow tangram." Yes, I'm sure that is just what Jesus has been wanting. LOL But I was encouraged that he wanted to give Jesus a toy that he actually plays with and not something he didn't want any more. ;)

Without further ado, a few pictures of the past few weeks:

Cutting down the Christmas tree


Tim being...well, Tim


The three Musketeers (and look, Danielle lost a tooth!)


When Tim told me on Christmas morning that it was snowing, I fully expected to walk downstairs and see that they had been cutting tiny pieces of paper and had thrown them around as "snow". Imagine my surprise to find this instead!


Far and away our most animated child. :)

3 comments:

Tami said...

LOVE the pictures! I know what you mean by wanting more time with the kids. I am dreading going back to work today. How many ways and times can I say I'd really rather be staying home with them? :)

Missy said...

What a wonderful post! The kids look great and the snowy picture is gorgeous!!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Happy Belated New Year! Love the pics!